12 December, 2007

"A recipe to try" Turns into a rambling to do list

Well folks, here we go.

I'm tired, procrastination, and crunched for time. I'm giving a thesis presentation to a room full of peers and faculty in about 12 hours, so what am I doing?

Looking at recipes on various foodie blogs, of course.

So, as such, this is going to be a disjointed post of a to do list of things I find appealing.

First, I should try some smoked-salmon and lemon fettucini alfredo.

Second, oriental salad dressing, dipping sauce, cole slaw sauce (nappa), and marinade:
1 Sesame Oil
2 Soy Sauce
2 Rice Vinegar
x Red pepper flakes
x crushed ginger
x crushed garlic
x peanut(butter) for the thai flavor

Third, Sweet Potato Fries.

Four, quinoa? Quinoa/blackbean/corn/cilantro/lime juice/cucumber/onion/tomato salad? Just learn more about quinoa.

Five, soy based butters and cheeses? What? I suppose I'll try them.

Six, Eat more turkey. Turkey's Tasty.

Seven, this cinnamon roll recipe is rather Spectacular. I've made them... 2? 3? times? Once or twice with Alison. They're Really Good. Throw together some cream cheese frosting (which I'll put up an excellent recipe for next time I make it and write proportions down... seriously.) Ok, it looks like the link got lost somewhere. I'll post it when I get back to school.

Eight, Look! It's a rollertoaster! http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/appliances-small/jaren-gohs-rollertoaster-015192

Nine, wait wait wait. Uni isn't sea urchin roe, but rather sea urchin Gonads? WTF is this?

Ten, this is sweet!
http://www.artisansweets.com/product/bee-raw-varietal-honey-flight

Eleven, this page shows you what 200 calories look like... irl.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm

Twelve, I should try to use miso paste more. I bet it has all sorts of handy uses.

Thirtenn,

¼ Cup Apricot Preserves
¼ Cup Peach Preserves
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
5 teaspoons white vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
½ teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon yellow mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons water

Puree everything but the water. Add the puree and the water to a saucepan, boil for 5m and let cool.

Ok. That's it for now.

Ciao.

3 comments:

enLethe said...

I, um, uh.... Rollertoaster? What?

enLethe said...

After some reflection I will add that you need to learn to use links. o.0

ie. rollertoaster
http://www.slashfood.com/2006/11/30/rollertoaster/

Banik said...

More like the builtin UI needs to learn how to insert them. Silly technology.