17 September, 2010

Coffee An' Donut Shop

I have to thank one of my coworkers for tipping me off about this place. Apparently Coffee An' Donut Shop is so spectacular that its reputation preceeds it, and after a couple visits I can kind of see why. Amusingly enough, they're old-fashioned and don't seem to have a website, so they must have enough confidence in their preparations to rely on word-of-mouth and on earning features in newspapers and on local attraction websites.

After we talked about it at work I stopped in and got the three basic types of donuts to try (glazed, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar), which I then took back to work to cut into quarters and pass around to my favourite tasters. (They were good enough that we got a dozen of each for an office birthday party the next week.) The glazed donuts are from the school of the chewier, doughier type of donut, while the sugared ones are both cake donuts. They also have chocolate cake donuts with plain glaze and several other special donuts that I haven't tried yet.

They aren't Krumpe's, but they're pretty damn good. Certainly among the best that we've tried up here.

No comments: