09 November, 2007

Turtles

I would one day like a pair of aquatic turtles. Why? Because if I had just one turtle I'd be worried about it being lonely- that's just the kind of person I am. Our house will be a mathematically balanced ark with two of everything.

I don't know much about turtles, but they're cute. I don't want a terrapin, and for the record the "turtles are cute!" opinion well predates my knowledge of UMD's existance. I would prefer smaller ones, no larger than my hand. I figure at that size they should be easier to design a nice tank for, maybe even make a miniature habitat (happy turtles surely need more than water and a couple rocks). Banik wants a marine aquarium, but I don't know if we can get small marine turtles for said tank- they seem to only come in huge and proto-huge. Even if we could I'd be upset if they did something like maybe eating the peppermint shrimp, so it may not be a good idea anyway.

This is probably one of the lower "possible pets" on the list for good reason; we would need a lot of research before beginning such an undertaking. I suspect that we will start with more common and easily cared for critters before moving into foreign territory.

No comments: