04 May, 2008

The Lamentable Lost Recipes

On occasion, enLethe and I will cook something for the first time that turns out extra tasty. Unfortunately, we are not always studious when it comes to recording the process. So much for the cornerstone of the scientific method.

There are a couple examples of this that I can think of off the top of my head, the first of which is the bane of enLethe's culinary existence: Fried Zuchinni.

At one point while she was visiting me at school, we made fried zuchinni. It was Excellent, so she claims. All I can remember is that it was deep fried and it involved an egg bath and some seasoned flour with white pepper in it. We'll figure out what it was, one day.

The other is some rice pudding that we made over our last spring break. We used purple sticky rice, which gave it an amazing color, and the pudding itself was excellent. I know I based it on two different recipes for purple sticky rice rice pudding, and that it involved a vanilla bean, german cinnamon, real cinnamon, eggs, milk, and... I don't know what else. I need to research the proportions. 1# of rice.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully we'll post more after the last couple weeks of school are over. Who Knows.

4 comments:

enLethe said...

The "real cinnamon" to which Banik refers is undoubtedly cassia.

I'm fairly certain we've never cooked with real cinnamon, with the possible exception of the german cinnamon.

Banik said...

The german cinnamon is exactly what I was referring to ^^

enLethe said...

so really:

german cinnamon = real cinnamon

real cinnamon = cassia = fake cinnamon

=-P

Banik said...

Clearly >.>